- Expandable tree view, giving detailed permission information for each item
- Allows users to quickly see how permissions are set throughout an entire folder structure
- Permissions Filter view allows users to see how permissions are set for a specific user or group, either directly or via group inheritance
- When clicking on a group name, the parent and child groups and subgroups are displayed in an expandable tree view, giving users direct insight in the Group Hierarchy
- Provides a set of tools available to quickly make corrections to the permissions structure
- Each item features an Edit Permissions action, which shows the item’s permissions for all users and groups on a single page and allows editing these permissions all at once. The Replace Permissions action is a powerful tool which copies the complete set of permissions from the top level item to the selected lower level item(s).
- Replace and Cascade is a new feature similar in functionality to Replace Permissions. It allows the user to copy the permissions of one item down through a parent object and all child items with the click of a button.
- Replace Permissions and Replace and Cascade Permissions each have an alternative Copy function which allows for a combination of Owner, Owner Group, Public Access and ACL lists to be selected and copied.
- Select the number of levels in the hierarchy to copy permissions down to with Limit Levels function.
- The Replace / Remove User function makes it possible to replace a user in the permissions lists with another user or simply remove the selected user from all selected items. One very useful feature is the ability to select deleted users as well.
- Compare and copy group membership between different users and to easily add a user to multiple groups
Administration and Other Features
- The Permissions Manager Administration page in Content Suite allows you to turn specific features on or off. The Permissions Manager functionality can be visible to all users or to only required users and groups
- Context-sensitive online help
- Full support for Brava! Permissions
- Available as a standard installable module for Content Suite 9.7.x, CS10, CS10.5, and CS16 including xECM
By tuning the core platform and aligning it with individual business needs, Fastman improves user adoption and radically changes the way organizations use OpenText Content Suite.